Our client is a nationwide Fire & Security engineering company, which has been trading for the past 18 years. With over 350 staff and a turnover of £34M, this company are a UK leader in their field.
Their Fire Detection and Alarm Systems specialist division, are looking to expand their Support Team by appointing a new Service Desk Operator to be based at their Head Office in Kingston Upon Thames.
The main focus of the role, is to efficiently and profitably schedule and dispatch Service & Maintenance Engineers in order to complete corrective and preventative maintenance visits in line with customer requirements.
This position requires excellent customer service skills with excellent attention to detail and you will need to be to work well under pressure. The duties include:-
- Retrieve all telephone and e-mail messages, ensuring that they are responded to professionally and in a timely manner
- Liaise and communicate efficiently with service engineers • Inputting corrective and preventative calls onto cash accurately
- Logging calls, work, and invoicing, on Cash for Windows
- To have a strong understanding of geographical regions and engineer coverage
- To use vehicle tracking software to increase efficiency and ensure best route planning
- To call engineers morning and evening to ensure Cash accurately reflects current job status and to send down next day’s first calls in case of hardware failure.
- To escalate to Service Managers any calls excessively further actioned for permanent resolution.
- Ensure that all overdue or uncompleted calls are correctly further actioned with Call Waiting Reasons
- Rebooking missed corrective and preventative visits and escalating any issues to line manager
- Manually close or update calls in cash for non Tablet / PDA users and scan documents into site cabinets.
- Other ad-hoc office duties as and when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills both on the telephone and face to face.
- Ability to work in a team and individually
- Good attention to detail
- Self motivated and encourage and promote a calm working environment • Demonstrate excellent time management skills
- Experience in the use of Cash for Windows would be advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Computer skills – Word, Excel, be receptive to training on unfamiliar operating systems i.e. C4W, customer portal logging systems (i.e. Northgate)
Due to the nature of the Fire & Security industry and specific contracts, if successful, you will need to complete a number of background checks including refence checks and a DBS check. All offers will be subject to successful completion of these background checks.
Your working hours will be Monday – Friday, between the hours of 8:30am – 5pm.
Our client are offering a salary between £23k – £25k (DOE) + the following benefits: –
- Life Assurance
- Paid Refer A Friend Scheme
- Mental Health & Well-being Scheme
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Birthday Holiday
- Additional Day holiday for each full year of completed service (up to 25 days)
- Development and progression opportunities
Please call Clare Golding on 07799 886594 and email your CV to prompt a call back.
|Job Category||Customer Services|